D. H. Lawrence - December Night
TAKE off your cloak and your hat
And your shoes, and draw up at my hearth
Where never woman sat.
I have made the fire up bright;
Let us leave the rest in the dark
And sit by firelight.
The wine is warm in the hearth;
The flickers come and go.
I will warm your feet with kisses
Until they glow.
- The Avalanches - A Cowboy Overflow of the Heart (f/ David Berman)
- Lambchop - The Daily Growl
- Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Dangling Conversation
- Nick Drake - Rider on the Wheel
- Terry Callier - What Color Is Love
- Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where the Time Goes
- Everything but the Girl - Come on Home
- The Blue Nile - Family Life
- Richard Hawley - The Nights Are Cold